Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Nothing like taking a year and 1/2 break from the blog. I have dear friends who are phenomenal at keeping theirs up to date. I believe mine is more an electronic scribble pad where I have left a smattering of memories. I seem to be the only one reading them, as far as I know, and will continue to randomly post the goings-on. Occasionally I will stumble upon them and reflect on what was so important at that time.

It's the beginning of June 2012. I graduated from Marylhurst a year ago. I have started two small businesses to as venues for 2 of my passions... coaching and consulting, and making custom cakes. C4 Creative & Combustive Coaching has not had much official business, but I'm doing all sorts of work here and there. Custom Cakeworks is currently in a busy stretch. I brought on Abby H as an independent contractor. She's on commission only. She is a true God send!!

Wil is 15 and about to finish his freshman year of high school. Tonight we had the end of season BBQ for the lacrosse program at his school. He is a hair shy of 6' and wears a size 12 shoe (if not bigger at this point). His future plans at this moment are to attend OSU and study engineering. Perhaps civil.

Ben is 9 and wrapping up 3rd grade. This uber curious question asker is also thinking he wants to be an engineer. He decided that he and his best friend, Austin I, will both attend OSU, be room mates and both become engineers. We'll see how that one goes. Ben tested in to the TAG program as intellectually gifted. As a result, he will be attending TAG camp this summer at Reed College. (with Austin I, and Noah W).

Two years ago during a church planters coaching training event God put it on my heart to plant a new faith community starting with the graduated youth. That has NOT officially begun, but conversations are happening. I have been asked by the cabinet to take a lay person assigned position at Metzger UMC. Starting July 1 I will be leading worship, taking care of pastoral needs, and facilitating their journey into becoming a legacy church. It will be fascinating to read this in one year and see if I have actually birthed and buried churches in the same year. Anything is possible! I could even end up serving and planting at Pioneer UMC in St Johns (fell in love with them this spring. We had a 6 week mutual "romance" as I did a 6 week pulpit supply including Easter)

My faith is still strong, and my calling to help people on this part of their spiritual journey.. just showing up where they are and loving them through it is my vocation.

I've had some wonderful, deep, amazing friends - old and new- influence my past year. And since we are informed by our experiences, I can only add that my life is richer, my heart is fuller, and my faith in God to see me through anything is obnoxiously solid.

Oh ya... I noticed the 3 months of being "homeless with a home" and "unemployed with work" last year was not blogged. We'll see if i add that.

For now... sleep.

No comments: