Monday, January 21, 2008

The facination with Sharpies

From the time I first encountered a Sharpie, it was with my brother Gil at his glass studio. He is cool, and this marker was cool, thus began my interest in Sharpies. Little did I know, my interest would grow into what some call an obsession.

When I first saw them in blue and red, I thought, "WOW! options! choices!" (I like multiple colors and went through an intense rainbow phase between 11 and 14) I have been known to get excited over the multi-color packs of Sharpies and new styles. Someday Brian R will recover from my Sharpie freak-out at the Safeway in San Francisco when I first discovered mini's. He thought I was being attacked. When there were no other people around me, he thought I had hurt myself. When I showed him my new find, he shook his head and walked away. I hear that he has a Sharpie obsession now, too.

Fine point, super fine, mini, highlighter, chisel point, retractable, and liquid... if it's a Sharpie, I like it!

The Sharpie passion is shared with some amazing friends, such as Gayellyn and Paige (and now, Brian). If you happen upon one of us and ask for a Shapie, we will more than likely have at least one. If you need to borrow it, don't leave our site. If you lose it, and attempt to replace it with another permanent-type marker, run.

Although I was introduced to this amazing writing implement at a young age, I have learned that Sharpies need a companion set of markers... Mr Sketch. see next Blog

No comments: