Wednesday, April 8, 2009

one rock one word

Tonight was the last night of the annual Holy Week Prayer and Meditation Center. The youth have set this up for the past 4 years for anyone to experience. As the main person in charge, I usually don't experience it until it's time to take it down. That's just what I did tonight.

The table as you enter greets you with candles, flowers, instructions for the center, and a basket of rocks. Each rock has a word written upon it. If you choose, you may reach in for a rock. Read the word and meditate on it as you proceed. Pray about it, ponder it, ask what it is about that word that you need to consider.

I've drawn many rocks over the years. Tonight's said, "TRUST". Going with the instructions, I repeated the word, offered it up, and opened my heart and mind to hear what it is I need to consider about trust.

As I walked the labyrinth I kept listening intently for God's still small voice. My mind wandered on occassion, but I found my way back to the word. Once in the center, I lay prostrate, rock in hand. Previous experiences had me anticipating a solemn, deeply spiritual moment. I found this time quite different...I began to smile and giggle.

I went with it.

Trust is what I need to do - KEEP doing. With the new school term underway, upcoming transition with my job, and having new connections with old friends, I just need to trust. Trust what? God, my heart, my instincts, those who have been placed in my life this season.

Trust.... will do!
it's helped me this far =)

No comments: